Buyer - VR/27563
Experienced Buyer required for a 12-month fixed-term contract with a global leader in the energy sector. The position is based in Westhill and hybrid working is available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing sourcing support, including offering cost effective solutions and alternative products.
- Maintaining good communication with the requestor to ensure that they are appraised of the requisition status.
- Reviewing requests received for quotation, requisitions, and specifications to ensure compliance with governance, procedures and policies.
- Selecting approved vendors and consolidating of tail spend orders with a focus on channelling spend through the procurement house/frame agreements, ensuring reduction of transaction costs.
- Issuing purchase orders based on requisition data.
- Progressing requisitions to ensure timely delivery and minimising requisition backlog.
- Communicating regularly with the Department Head and to the customer to provide feedback on activity.
- Dealing with queries relating to delivery of requisitioned items e.g., invoice queries, short deliveries etc.
Our client is seeking a candidate with following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain concepts, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Experienced in sourcing price and delivery for items to be procured on behalf of customers.
- The ability to recognise new or more efficient ways of working to ensure continuous improvement.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to negotiate commercial solutions effectively for customers.
- Engaged and proactive in effective supplier management.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team