Buyer - VR/28248
This organisation is a leading integrated solutions provider for the offshore industry who are looking for a Buyer on a 6-month basis with the potential of this becoming a permanent role. The role is based at the company’s office in Westhill.
As a Buyer, you will be the point of contact with the supply chain, for RFQ process, purchasing and providing regular updates.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the daily procurement workload generated from the suggested purchase order reports and requisition requests.
- Updating purchase order line items.
- Actioning the purchase order exception messages report in thru-put scheduling.
- Preparing and expediting RFQs.
- Supporting technical and commercial evaluations by collating and preparing bids.
- Supporting the negotiation of purchase order terms and conditions.
- Confirming that purchase order instructions consistently and clearly defining work scope and traceability details.
- Measuring all vendor performance, delivery on time and quality.
- Developing and implementing corrective action when required to ensure agreed targets are met.
- Focusing on delivering cost effective solutions that meet desired quality and technical compliance.
- Engaging with potential new vendors and assist ASL onboarding.
- Supporting Accounts Department to review and approve receipted invoices to ensure requested service has been completed satisfactorily prior to approving invoices for payment.
- Creating parts or services as required within ERP system.
- Supporting the Project Teams and Tendering Teams.
- Participating when required in departmental improvement projects, highlighting areas for improvement.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Sound knowledge and relevant experience of procurement practices.
- Strong knowledge of vendors.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- PC skills to include, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and ERP.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems.
- Ability to liaise with multi discipline Project Teams.
- Adhere to strict deadlines and deliver a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the demands of a changing project and organisational needs.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team