CNC Machinist – Turning - VR/26630
We are looking to support our client based in Kintore in recruiting a CNC turner. Candidates should ideally have Siemans controls experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Setting up and operating CNC machine tools.
- Ensuring all relevant drawings, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing.
- Operating and handling materials and tools in a safe manner.
- Operating the machine safely and competently in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions and ensuring that good safety and housekeeping standards are maintained as laid down in QHSE policies and procedures.
- After completing the operation, carry out the inspection on the manufactured component before releasing.
- Ensuring that the work area is kept clean, appropriate and safety equipment is always worn.
- Assisting with the training of apprentices.
- Reporting any environmental and health and safety issues that arise.
- Maintaining material certification and traceability for all material used.
Applicants to this role require
- Time served machinist.
- Competent in the set up and operation of CNC machine tools.
- Capable of basic programming on machine Siemens controls.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/specifications etc.
- Ability to use inspection equipment.
- Skill in planning methods of machining.
- Ability to select the correct carbide grade, feeds and speeds for the material specification in operation.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team