Commercial Advisor/Senior Commercial Advisor - VR/27763
Experienced Commercial Advisor required for a 12-month contract to cover maternity leave with an E&P company based in Aberdeen. Hybrid working is available.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing high-quality commercial support and guidance by leading commercial activities to support the efficient running of the company’s upstream E&P and Energy Transition assets while maximising commercial value for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing all commercial and contractual aspects of existing commercial agreements for both E&P and Energy Transition assets.
- Leading and delivering new and creative commercial arrangements and negotiations for existing asset portfolio including the development of innovative commercial agreements for Energy Transition projects.
- Developing and maturing value adding opportunities while managing and mitigating commercial risks.
- Adopting a solutions-based approach to commercial issues and disputes.
- Pursuing commercial solutions with tenacity, routinely deploying a range of influencing, leadership and negotiating styles dependent on the counterparty or internal stakeholder.
- Ability to assimilate complex data and information, developing and presenting a path forward.
- Leading and managing projects, driving pace and ensuring both internal and external stakeholders are fully briefed and engaged.
- Engaging with and influencing both internal and external counterparties to effectively drive strategy.
- Ensuring all commercial activities undertaken are in accordance with the company’s commercial process, procedures, and governance, while adhering ICOP/CCOP and SE7.
- Active participation in peer reviews and commercial due diligence as required, challenging established practice and driving continual improvement in the commercial function.
- Deputising for Commercial Manager as required.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Great communication skills, capable of sharing knowledge clearly and unambiguously and also implement and embed change.
- The ability to build rapport and skilled at influencing decision makers on complex topics.
- Effective networking skills, internally and externally, capable of creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others.
- Strong E&P commercial skills, including negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent collaboration, team working and communication skills.
- Sound numerical and analytical ability and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with basic exploration, operations, exploration, legal and decommissioning terminology.
- Familiarity with decision quality and framing.
- Understand of relevant regulatory processes throughout asset lifecycle.
- Degree qualified.
- Track record of successful negotiation of significant deals and contracts in an operating environment.
- Broad understanding of the E&P Value Chain and awareness of Commercial opportunities/risks and their appropriate management/mitigation.
- Excellent commercial acumen and up-to-date knowledge of industry/regulatory practices and emerging trends combined with the desire and skills to challenge the ‘status quo’.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team