Commercial Advisor - UK - VR/22701
Join a leading independent E&P company in a permanent role as Commercial Advisor; providing commercial advice, negotiation and management of upstream agreements for the company’s UK operations.
Reporting to the Commercial Operated Assets Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating and managing upstream commercial contracts at the best terms and within a defined risk mandate.
- Maintaining good relationships with joint venture partners, pipeline operators, third parties, the local government and other relevant parties.
- Working collaboratively with group central commercial teams and the local Aberdeen team.
- Managing value and compliance under all the upstream commercial agreements in which the company is involved in the UK.
- Negotiating new commercial agreements, supported by legal and pulling the required input from relevant technical functions or OCM representatives as required.
- Identifying commercial opportunities and mitigating commercial risks arising from the operational and commercial activities.
- Managing the rights, obligations and liabilities associated with live agreements and act upon them in a timely manner.
- Developing and implementing capacity booking strategies.
- Representing the company in external discussions on market conditions and relevant terms and conditions to oil/liquids/gas infrastructures.
- Providing commercial support to the BD team on complex projects as and when required.
Applicants to this position should offer extensive experience in a similar/relevant position, within an E&P environment. You should be familiar with standard UK commercial practices, and the OGA expectations on MER-UK, net zero and on collaboration. Excellent communication skills are essential and a relevant degree qualification is preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team