Commercial Advisor - VR/22692
An opportunity for an experienced Commercial Advisor to join our client, an E&P company, based in the Westhill area.
As Commercial Advisor, you’ll provide support to a full range of commercial activities related to the management of the company’s operated and non-operated interests and, where required, in respect of business development and exploration opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting or leading the review, interpretation, negotiation and preparation of commercial matters - e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests.
- Ensuring that Senior Management are fully appraised of all key issues, emerging situations and strategic options; proposing suitable solutions.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the company’s best interests and that the Operator is applying sound operating and maintenance procedures.
- Working with colleagues in the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the company’s current and future business.
- Providing advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, Senior Management / co-ventures / external stakeholders.
- Representing the company at relevant external meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.) – ensuring the company’s best interests are protected and promoted.
- Preparing requests for expenditure and ensuring requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners.
- Providing input to business planning, asset plans and annual budgets.
- Presenting commercial recommendations and options to Legal and Commercial Board.
- Maintaining a high-level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc.
- Maintaining a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial activities.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar, commercial-focused role within an Operator environment in the UK Oil & Gas Industry. You’ll ideally have knowledge of applicable UK law and fiscal regime for oil and gas developments, as well as experience of negotiating and executing oil & gas industry contracts and agreements and performing economic analysis.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team