Commercial Analyst - VR/23767
An opportunity for an experienced Commercial Analyst to join a leading E&P company operating exclusively on the UK Continental Shelf.
This is a newly created position in the company’s Commercial Team, with a varied remit covering commercial operations, asset support and assistance to the product sales and hydrocarbon accounting processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing asset support for decommissioning and retained liability assets.
- Supporting and coordinating nominations and capacity bookings process under various asset transportation agreements.
- Validating tariff invoices. Updating the central database and assisting in the validation of monthly tariffed volumes and charges; including send or pay, excess charges and annual reconciliations etc.
- Assisting in the review and maintenance of hydrocarbon electronic production reports from various assets and oil and gas terminal portals.
- Acting as the initial point of contact and attending regular terminal meetings, reporting feedback to the Commercial Team.
- Providing support in the review of gas sales nominations to optimise processes and minimise system charges.
- Supporting in analysing actual hydrocarbon production and sales data.
- Validating existing timebound commercial obligations system, monitoring compliance, and keeping the system up to date.
- Assisting Commercial Advisors and coordinating with Legal to complete standard agreements, for example, proximity and pipeline crossing, confidentiality agreements etc.
- Supporting reviews of asset transfer novation’s received from other operators.
- Supporting Commercial Advisors in annual decommissioning security calculations, including updating of key macro data as per Decommissioning and Security Agreement assumptions.
- Coordinating Joint Venture insurance requests.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role, with familiarity of upstream commercial agreements and product flows. A degree qualification (or equivalent) in finance, engineering, legal or a business discipline is preferred.
You’ll need to be a highly numerate problem solver, capable of using your own initiative to find solutions. This role is well-suited to a self-starter who is comfortable taking direction and also working autonomously. Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team