Commercial Specialist - VR/23018
Join an independent oil and gas production and infrastructure company as a Commercial Specialist. A permanent opportunity based in central Aberdeen, with occasional travel to London.
As Commercial Specialist, you’ll report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be expected to contribute to the profitability and long-term viability of the company’s UK assets through the successful exploitation of commercial opportunities.
You’ll have responsibility for a number of non-operated assets and the administration, development and negotiation of agreements for operations on new and existing assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting negotiations and agreeing contracts with third parties that will enhance the profitability and viability of the asset.
- Conducting or initiating analysis, as necessary, to assist in the development of these arrangements.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the annual operating and mid-term plans for the UK assets.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with partners and third parties, to maximise the opportunity to implement agreements and contacts which enhance value / profitability.
- Representing the company to OGUK and other commercial bodies within the industry, ensuring the company’s best interests are safeguarded at all times.
Applicants to this role should offer extensive commercial experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably with a relevant degree qualification. You’ll need considerable experience in the negotiation of high-value agreements with multiple parties, as well as an understanding of the UK oil and gas industry licencing and regulatory regime.
Excellent communication and critical thinking skills are a must-have, as are strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team