Condition Monitoring Engineer - VR/23820
Currently recruiting for an experienced Condition Monitoring Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
The company is currently operating a hybrid working model, offering 3 days in the Aberdeen office and 2 days of home / remote working. Offshore and onshore travel will be a requirement as part of this role – therefore, applicants must be willing to do this.
The post holder will operate and manage condition monitoring programmes for clients, both onshore and offshore - applying various condition monitoring techniques, reliability improvement programmes and asset management services.
The Condition Monitoring Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing front line support (client interfacing) and deliver the scope of services as defined in the contract.
- Utilising various condition monitoring techniques in the collection and analysis of data to identify machinery defects, and provide appropriate & timely maintenance recommendations.
- Vibration monitoring:
- Setting up of vibration monitoring databases.
- Collecting, or the coordinating the collection, of vibration data from rotating machinery, according to the defined schedule.
- Analysing / interpreting vibration data in order to diagnose machinery defects. Providing, in the form of a report, appropriate maintenance recommendations for equipment in exception.
- Ongoing database management.
- Lube oil analysis:
- Setting up of lube oil analysis programme.
- Collecting, or the coordinating of the collection, of oil samples from plant, according to the defined schedule.
- Liaising with oil analysis laboratory.
- Analysing / interpreting the lube oil / grease sample results in order to diagnose equipment defects. Providing, in the form of a report, appropriate maintenance recommendations for equipment in exception.
- Ongoing database management / improvement of programme.
- Client project management.
- Budgetary management.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering would be preferred.
- A BINDT / ISO VA2 qualification in vibration analysis is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience in setting up and managing a vibration monitoring programme, involving the use of hand held vibration data collectors and analysis software.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of CM and the role it has in Condition Based Maintenance (CBM).
- Experience with firepump performance testing would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess knowledge of specialist techniques for detecting defects on rolling element bearings.
- Applicants will be expected to have knowledge of the different types of transducer used for vibration data collection, including accelerometers, velocity transducers and non-contact proximity probes etc.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with the set up and operation of a CM lubrication analysis programme, including the ability to diagnose results and produce recommendations for remedial work.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of rotating machinery would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team