Contracts Advisor - VR/22903
An opportunity for a Contracts Advisor to join our client, a leading international and independent E&P company in Aberdeen, on a permanent basis.
In your role as Contracts Advisor, you’ll ensure that all contracting and procurement activities are executed in line with company processes and procedures. You’ll coordinate activities to ensure that contracts and agreements are placed in order to meet business requirements and support ongoing activities, as well as ensuring that cost-effective and high performing contracts and agreements are delivered and managed in a professional and ethical manner. You’ll also ensure the company is not exposed to unnecessary contractual or commercial risk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing procurement and contracting standards, work processes and best practices in the UK within the Drilling and Business Support functions.
- Planning, conducting and concluding complex contract negotiations.
- Prioritising tender schedules and managing workload to meet business requirements.
- Leading the tendering and evaluation process and making recommendations to management.
- Preparing detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations where required.
- Drafting agreements using standard templates.
- Contract management from kick-off to close-out.
- Providing contractual advice, support and interpretation to the Drilling and Business Support Teams.
- Leading negotiations where appropriate.
- Implementing supplier relationship performance and contract management plans.
- Working closely with stakeholders in order to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience working in a similar role. You’ll ideally be degree-qualified in a relevant discipline and a professional qualification (e.g. CIPS) would be an advantage. You’ll need an in-depth knowledge and experience of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent to the UKCS arena, and should also offer demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing high-risk, high-value contracts.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team