Contracts Advisor - VR/26047
Contracts Advisor required to join a dynamic oil and gas exploration and production company operating in the North Sea. Our client is willing to consider this position either as permanent staff or contract (PAYE), dependent on your preference.
As Contracts Advisor, you’ll manage a suite of allocated contracts that underpin the day to day operational or project requirements of the business and will therefore take responsibility for all stages of the contracting process from strategy development through to performance management, with full engagement from key business stakeholders.
- Ensuring compliance with the company contracting process and good SCM practice to optimise value.
- Supporting a Category Management approach in areas of Procurement Planning, Category Reviews and Supplier Relationship Management with responsibility for number of procurement categories and contracts.
- Interfacing with other Contracts Advisors to capitalise on any opportunities for commercial synergies and performance improvement.
- Interfacing with the Technical Contract Owner to ensure that the usability of the final contract is optimised.
- Supporting Federal contracts and agreements, looking for opportunities for synergies and to add value across assets/divisions
- Planning your workload to deliver the company contracting plan in a timely and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing commercial and contractual support to internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of contracting for materials and services in support of the company’s activity. Responsibility will predominantly, but not exclusively, lie with Tier 2 – Tier 4 Contracts per internal classification.
- Developing strategy, tender, analyse, negotiate and award contracts to align with Supply Chain strategy and operational requirements ensuring that a full audit trail of contracting activities is maintained.
- Completing annual Procurement Plan to understand future demand and coordinate Category Reviews in advance of key decision points or otherwise.
- Maintaining the contractual records within the appropriate electronic systems and repositories.
- Supporting the Buying team on day-to-day contractual issues.
- Assessing contractual, financial and liability risk to the company.
- Ensuring all key contracts carry a comprehensive set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to encourage positive behaviour, both internally and externally, that will help support robust contract delivery and performance attainment.
- Meeting regularly with contractors to ensure the company’s needs are being met.
- Encouraging new initiatives that improve productivity and/or help lower total costs of business.
- Ensuring that cost, quality and schedules are managed consistent with company contract and procurement policies and procedures.
Our client is seeking an individual with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- HND in Business, Finance or Law or suitable equivalent experience through on the job training and development.
- Post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Commercial Law.
- Working towards or fully qualified Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Experience of SCM operations in the Oil & Gas Industry preferably with an Operator or Tier 1 Contractor.
- Experience of Supply Chain Management in the UKCS with a good understanding of the marketplace, and contracting landscape as it applies to various procurement categories across operations, decommissioning and projects.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Performance Management.
- Experience with ERP/EAMS systems (specifically SAP) and other associated SCM and business systems.
- Experience of building good internal relations and seen as a proactive player are critical to success.
- Ability to work with established processes and guidelines but also continually look at areas for improvement.
- Experience in a similar role or have other procurement experience and contractual knowledge within a competent major procurement operation.
- Must be able to work effectively within a multi-functional team.
- Must have good influencing skills & negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Committed team player with a high degree of self-motivation; embraces change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to structure and solve problems using initiative and resourcefulness.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team