Contracts Advisor - VR/27332
Contracts Advisor required to join a reputable organisation providing full life of field products and services to the oil, gas and renewable energy sectors. This is a full-time permanent position, based in the Dyce area of Aberdeen - hybrid working is available.
As Contracts Advisor, you’ll be responsible for taking support and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding negotiations of legal positions in contracts related to the company’s business lines.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and administering contracts for the provision of onshore and offshore services and the domestic and international sale and purchase of goods, and charterparties, with a focus on drafting and negotiation of the legal terms and conditions. Some drafting of commercial terms may also be required.
- Interfacing with peers in the Legal and Contracts Departments in other regions to share best practices and ensure consistency throughout the organisation.
- Interfacing with commercial, bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel. Advising on terms and conditions and other contractual issues.
- Liaising with subject matter experts, including the Legal, Tax, Finance and Insurance Departments, on respective issues to ensure that all contracts comply with company contracting guidelines or other applicable guidelines.
- Maintaining contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed and executed.
- Supporting Profit Centre Managers and Commercial Managers in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work.
- Conducting contracts-related training of operations and other personnel.
- Promoting an awareness of Legal Department policies and procedures in coordination with Regional Legal Counsel.
- Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree – preferably in Law.
- Significant experience in commercial contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry, directly supporting sales and operations management’s efforts with clients.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures and risk mitigation utilised in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team