Contracts Advisor - VR/29066
This organisation is a key global provider of components and tools to the energy industry. As Contracts Advisor, you’ll provide support to the General Counsel and undertake the review, interpretation, and negotiation of a wide range of contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and drafting contractual documents efficiently for compliance with the company’s global operations contracting principles and other policies.
- Leading and supporting the negotiation of contracts to execution phase, seeking relevant approvals, ensuring the business are advised of the terms/risks in undertaking the work under the contract (providing contract summaries) and answering post execution queries/dealing with claims and disputes.
- Coordinating the commercial input for contract variations and renewals/extensions.
- Advising, assisting, and training the global business/sales managers on management and mitigation of contractual and commercial risk.
- Keeping up to date with changes in contract law and ensuring management are fully appraised of key issues, pending or imminent changes, presenting on these as required and finding a resolution or suitable way forward.
- Monitoring, updating and maintaining the company’s suite of contractual styles and terms and conditions. Ensuring the correct usage and incorporation of these by the business.
- Maintaining the internal contracts register, monitoring and managing contracts therein.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience working in a commercial contracts role in the energy industry.
- Knowledge of legal, commercial and contractual requirements/risks in the energy industry.
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry standard contracts (LOGIC) and contracting principles.
- Ability to work to tight timeframes.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with personnel at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Ability to display strong commercial acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Willing to travel and be able to spend time away from home on occasion.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team