Contracts Advisor (Wells/Drilling & Completions) - VR/26662
Contracts Advisor with experience working on Wells/Drilling & Completions contracts required to join a North Sea oil and gas operator and producer. This position is available as either a 12-month contract (with scope to extend for 3-4 years) or as permanent staff.
As Contracts Advisor, you’ll be responsible for the contractual management and administration of Wells/Drilling & Completions for the core business and capital development projects.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- The development and ongoing management of key commercial and contract activities within your assigned contract portfolio.
- Implementing company procurement and contracting standards, work processes and best practices within the Wells activities.
- Co-developing and implementing procurement and contracting strategies to ensure timely and successful delivery of products and services to meet the company’s needs.
- Ensuring all internal compliance and joint operating agreement requirements regarding contracting processes and approvals are satisfied.
- Prioritising tender schedules and manage workload to meet business requirements.
- Preparing requests for proposal documentation.
- Leading/supporting the tendering and evaluation process.
- Leading complex contract negotiations with appropriate SME (Legal, HES etc.) input as required.
- Preparing detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations where required.
- Developing contracts and associated commercial documents using standard templates.
- Managing post-award contract / commercial management of the contracts already in place; including contract progress verification, change management, claims mitigation and contract closeout.
- Developing and implementing post-award Contractor relationship performance.
- Overseeing the preparation and administration of minor non-LOGIC template third-party contracts.
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration.
- Providing contractual advice, support, and interpretation to the Wells Team.
- Managing the use of SAP/eProcurement/SCM systems.
- Presenting alongside the relevant Wells Team member any assigned sourcing requirements at monthly Tender Board Meetings.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Significant experience as a Contracts Advisor working on Wells/Drilling & Completions Contracts, preferably having worked for Operators and/or Major Contractors in the UKCS space.
- Experience in Well Construction Services and Commodities along with Drilling Contracts (MODUs, Drill Ships, Jack-Ups & Platform Drilling) Contracts is required.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable with formal SCM systems including principles and associated processes, practices, or tools including contract drafting and formulation, legal requirements, Terms and Conditions and risk assessment.
- Experienced and effective in interfacing with internal stakeholders such as core business operations, compliance, Legal, Finance, as well as the Procurement, Materials, QA/QC and Logistics elements of the overarching supply chain management, as well as external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end contracting process (planning, sourcing, negotiation and supplier management).
- Proven business and commercial acumen, including negotiation skills. Proficient in SAP, e-Procurement systems, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to effectively communicate within a multi-functional team and with various technical backgrounds.
- Preferably degree qualified in an appropriate commercial discipline (e.g., Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Law).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team