Contracts Engineer - VR/25604
Join a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the worlds energy companies.
As Contracts Engineer, you’ll provide contractual support including the tender, administration, supplier management and maintenance of subcontracts. In addition, you’ll ensure that all contracts are tendered and administered in accordance with contracting and supply chain policies and procedures and the company is appropriately protected in terms of its contractual obligations and liabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing contracts and procurement support to Asset Operations.
- Assisting in the development and documentation of contract-specific supply chain strategies and implement/administering the agreed contracting strategy.
- Coordinating all commercial activities relative to the placement of all project-specific contracts and the ongoing contractual support thereafter e.g. rate reviews, contract amendments etc.
- Coordinating the preparation and issue of pre-qualification, invitation to tender, evaluation and contract documents for project-specific contracts.
- Identifying, developing and delivering financial savings and value-creation by supporting the development of contracting strategies for ongoing activities liaising with the wider Supply Chain Team.
- Ensuring subcontract terms and conditions are appropriately drafted and reviewing exceptions proposed by vendors/subcontractors to ensure back-to-back alignment with client and company.
- Ensuring compliance with operating agreement/client approvals e.g. single source approval, tenderer notification, contract award approval etc.
- Liaising with other functions to ensure compliance with legal, tax, insurance and standard terms requirements and preparation of responses for same as necessary.
- Negotiating contracts and preparing of contract amendments as required.
- Ensuring all transactions are executed in compliance with company approved procedures and statutory regulations and in accordance with highest ethical standard.
- Recording all stages of the contracting process in each contract file to ensure full visibility for contract execution, administration and internal and external audit.
Applicants to this position should offer:
- Knowledge of commercial frameworks.
- Contract drafting skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of integrated supply chain organisation.
- Good communication skills with a cross-functional application.
- Good presentation skills.
- Knowledge of EU legislation as it applies to procurement of goods and services.
- Ethical integrity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Significant experience within the oil & gas industry supply chain / procurement / contracting environments.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team