Contracts Manager (6-months) - VR/24712
Requirement for an experienced Contracts Manager to cover a 6-month period of maternity leave. Well-suited to applicants with extensive knowledge of oil and gas contracting.
As Contracts Manager, you’ll report to the Legal & Commercial Director and will have overall responsibility for establishing, developing and delivering commercially focused supply chain strategies and objectives; focused on improving supplier performance whilst maintaining visibility of the whole contracting chain and delivering customer value.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and improving value-driven contracting and purchasing processes/policies, ensuring effective implementation in accordance with company values and strategic objectives.
- Maintaining a library of standard contract terms and conditions (based on LOGIC with Special Conditions), including all associated documents and templates.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts which deliver client value and the required margin to the business.
- Providing support to the preparation of tender submissions.
- Participating in client performance review meetings, ensuring excellent client relationships and adding value whilst optimising revenue.
- Managing the Invitation to Tender (ITT) process for key suppliers, from tender strategy and preparation, through to recommendation of award.
- Supporting the company to deliver an effective SCM function, including the definition and setting of targets/KPIs that drive performance improvements.
- Developing supplier contract management plans and KPIs, providing on performance and working to resolve any issues related to procurement cost, quality and delivery.
- Responsibility for SCM systems and processes to improve functionality, increase automation and deliver efficiency.
- Managing and supporting the performance and development of the SCM team, ensuring the function is properly organised, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect reports.
- Maintaining consultant contracts, ensuring they are IR35 compliant and that IR35 determinations are completed for all consultant appointments.
- Providing market intelligence, information and analysis in all areas that impact SCM.
Applicants to this position should offer significant experience of oil and gas contracting, with a proven track record of delivery in SCM.
Experience of both Operator/E&P and Service company environments would be beneficial.
Other requirements include:
- The ability to derive added value from suppliers, contain procurement costs and mitigate exposure to risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity for motivation, innovation and team-building.
- A team-player and relationship-builder who can focus on key performance measures.
- A strong negotiator with good influencing and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, tactful, commercial astute with natural drive/energy.
- Must be able to relate to the dynamics of a “Tier 1” contractor.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team