Contracts & Procurement Team Lead - VR/22538
Contracts and Procurement Team Lead required to join one of Europe’s largest independent E&P companies on an initial 6-month contract basis. The successful applicant will be responsible for all Contracts and Procurement deliverables for the company’s North Africa and Asia Pacific (NAAP) operations onshore and offshore.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics, you will be part of the Global Senior Leadership Team, with a responsibility for driving the vision and strategy of Supply Chain within the company. Your remit as Contracts and Procurement (C&P) Team Lead will include responsibility for planning, monitoring and implementing C&P activities across NAAP, as well as leading the C&P interface with contractors, suppliers, consultants and the wider company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing Contracts and Procurement standards and work processes across NAAP.
- Leading and supporting the C&P process from the expression of the needs, including its review / challenge, through to contract signature.
- Providing contractual advice and interpretation.
- Leading claim and dispute teams, ensuring positive outcomes.
- Working closely with business stakeholders and regional C&P teams in order to understand their near-term requirements.
- Developing overall contracting strategy and scheduling to meet upcoming C&P requirement across all regions, highlighting potential risks on delivery including local / in country requirements.
- Identifying potential synergies to be adopted as part of category approach.
- Identifying strategic Tier A Contracts across portfolio.
- Reviewing C&P processes across each region and identify areas of improvement to deliver an efficient process.
- Developing and implementing supplier management plans for Tier A contracts.
- Ensuring that the required competence and resources are available within the C&P organisation.
- Building and maintaining network and relationships with business and regulatory partners relevant to the company’s operated activities.
- Monitoring the external environment in order to identify and take advantage of immediate business opportunities to improve results within defined area of responsibility.
- Leading supplier management relationship and yearly performance review, coordinating with required internal customers and technical representatives, developing KPI's and updating contractual document / procurement strategies.
Applicants to this position should offer extensive experience in a similar role, leading a team in a Contracts and Procurement environment. You will ideally have a relevant university degree and professional qualification (e.g. CIPS) and bring significant and in-depth knowledge of procurement, contracts and conventions prevalent in an international setting.
Demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing high risk, high value contracts and procurement across a range of requirements is essential, as is experience in developing contract strategies to deliver overall value to the business.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team