Contracts Specialist / Senior Contracts Specialist - VR/29003
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. This organisation offers excellent career development prospects, flexible/hybrid working, and a generous benefits package.
As (Senior) Contracts Specialist, you’ll primarily be responsible for providing efficient and value-adding contract management support to the business. Working alongside your nominated project teams, you’ll provide commercial and contractual advice to support tenders and post-award activities through to a successful conclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing contract reviews for tendering in accordance with Group Legal Procedures and actively participating in internal bid team meetings.
- Attending Tender Boards as part of the Bid Team.
- Participating with other Stakeholder and Functions to jointly carry out a holistic review of the complete draft Contract and bid to achieve consistency in the documents.
- Ensure lessons learned are adequately addressed in tender reviews/qualifications.
- Attending meetings with prospective clients and significant/critical subcontractors and suppliers to arrive at acceptable contract and commercial conditions.
- Monitoring key contractor, subcontractor and client deliverables as well as identifying risks and opportunities in the event of deliverable failure.
- Providing all contractual administrative tasks of the project in a timely and efficient manner, support in the preparation/review of contentious correspondence to and from the client and critical subcontractors/suppliers, issue of variation orders (including maintenance of the variation order register), notices, insurances, guarantees, progress, and invoicing process.
- Ensuring that the correct approvals are in place for significant variations, contract amendments, and project call-offs.
- Ensuring that there is an ongoing management of change process and that all commercial opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Ensuring that the identification and pursuit of Construction All Risk (CAR) and other insurance claims are made, including notifying the Insurance Manager and Group Contracts Manager of potential and actual claims.
- Contributing to the preparation of the Project Monthly Status Report (PMSR) and attend PMSR meetings.
- Advising on subcontracting conditions and deviations, approve deviations in accordance with the appropriate procedure, support main Contract flow downs as well as carry out reviews when prepared by others.
- Ensuring completion of correct contractual close out of the project.
- Occasional planned travel may be required, both in the UK and overseas.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, attributes, and qualifications:
- Experience in a similar contracts role.
- Degree qualified in a role relevant subject, e.g., Law, Business Management, Quantity Surveying.
- Membership/affiliation with role relevant professional body is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role within the energy industry, ideally subsea.
- Computer literate across the MS suite, including SharePoint.
- Accustomed to a 24/7 global multicultural environment, ability to adapt accordingly.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, builds positive collaborative relationships.
- Effective planning skills, accustomed to meeting multiple and competing deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- High ability to place contractual risks in their true practical and commercial perspective.
- Demonstrates credibility and professionalism, operates with the highest standards of integrity.
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership to work autonomously, while able to work collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders.
- Responds positively to change and identifies improvements in process, cost, and efficiency.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team