Contracts Specialist - VR/22304
An opportunity for an experienced Contracts Specialist to join a leading name in the energy sector, with particular expertise in subsea services.
As Contracts Specialist, you will provide the business with contracting expertise, support and coordination for contracted services activities.
Reporting to the Contracts Team Lead, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding and managing all contracts and major purchase orders. Interfacing with Department Managers, Project Managers and Project Engineers to develop scopes.
- Maintaining effective compliance to BMS in accordance with company procedures and systems including risk and opportunity sensitivities.
- Arranging all project bonds, guarantees and insurances as required.
- Providing commercial and contractual advice to Department Managers and Project Management Teams (PMT).
- Liaising with Project Managers and Project Engineers leading to negotiation and execution of all Variation Orders (VO) with contractors.
- Highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant Managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution.
- Project close-out activities – ensuring signature of acceptance, performance feedbacks and satisfactory monitoring of bonds / warranty etc.
- Assisting Contracts Team Lead in identifying and implementing business improvements
- Reviewing and updating the Procurement Register.
- Coordination and delivery of department initiatives as required e.g. systems and procedures, lessons learned (capture and feedback).
- Responsibility for tendering, negotiation and administration of allocated Frame Agreements.
- Analysing commodity spend information; including market analysis and develop sourcing strategies.
- Preparing and expediting signature of internal approval documents e.g. Contract Commitment Request.
- Ensuring adherence of contractor to the contract / project administration procedures.
- Claims Management.
- Assisting Project Manager in contractual matters during the project duration.
- Assisting the Contract Holder with supplier management activity including performance reviews.
- Attending vessel dry dockings where requested to manage key supplier variations.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role, with strong commercial acumen and knowledge of supply chain processes. You will ideally be educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline, and hold a CIPS qualification (or equivalent). Experience of working with subcontracts, as well as marine and vessel projects would be a benefit.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team