Contracts Specialist - VR/23198
Join a leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry as a Contracts Specialist.
In your role as Contracts Specialist, you’ll provide the business with contracting expertise, support and coordination for contracted service activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding and managing all contracts and major purchase orders.
- Arranging all project bonds, guarantees and insurances as required.
- Providing commercial and contractual advice to department managers and project teams.
- Negotiating variation orders with contractors.
- Highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks and working with managers to deliver the optimum solution.
- Project close-out activities (signature of acceptance, performance feedback etc.).
- Assisting the Contracts Team Lead in identifying and implementing business improvements.
- Reviewing and updating the procurement register.
- Responsible for tendering, negotiation and administration of allocated frame agreements.
- Analysing commodity spend information, including market analysis and the development of sourcing strategies.
- Claims Management.
- Assisting Project Manager in contractual matters throughout the project duration.
- Assisting the Contract Holder with supplier management activity.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar role, with knowledge of supply chain processes and strong commercial awareness. You’ll ideally hold a degree qualification in a relevant discipline or a supply chain qualification (e.g. CIPS).
Proven experience in a subcontracts environment and experience of working with marine and vessel projects would be beneficial.
Excellent communication and organisation skills are essential, as is the ability to work on your own initiative.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team