Contracts Specialist - VR/27276
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry. This is a permanent position, based in the Westhill area. The organisation promotes a flexible hybrid working arrangement. Occasional domestic and international travel to operational worksites may be required.
As Contracts Specialist, you’ll primarily be responsible for providing efficient, cost-effective, and value-adding procurement and contract management support.
This is a complex role within an operational environment with responsibility for a broad range of high complexity / criticality products and services including, but not limited to, major CAPEX projects, vessel technical stops, modifications, upgrades, and dry dockings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating a good understanding and application of key SCM procurement and contracting procedures, including associated deviation and approval processes.
- Preparing procurement strategies and developing package summaries and/or procurement plans where required.
- Identifying gaps in supply chain availability and establishing Frame and Enabling Agreements where appropriate.
- Preparing and issuing Request for Quotations (RFQs), including gathering any required information from the wider business e.g., scopes of work, specifications and HSEQ requirements. Managing any associated clarifications.
- Complete commercial evaluation of supplier responses to RFQs to achieve the best value whilst ensuring Technical, HSE and Quality evaluations are also completed.
- Identifying credit risks and implementing mitigation measures.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of insurance requirements for work orders and purchase orders.
- Ensuring tax implications are considered and assessed with support from the corporate tax department.
- Interpreting supplier qualifications and exceptions to the company’s standard terms and conditions, understanding the risks and negotiating a favourable position.
- Reviewing, qualifying, and negotiating bespoke or non-standard terms and conditions, including drafting special conditions, to achieve the most favourable outcome.
- Drafting contractual summaries and handover documents, ensuring internal stakeholders are aware of the company’s rights and obligations.
- Ensuring supplier obligations are adhered to, and that key milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Demonstrating effective contract management, project control and reporting.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to identify, evaluate, monitor and mitigate the impact of identified risks and their effect on cost, quality and schedule and other projects, work orders and purchase orders.
- Effective management, negotiation and drafting of Variation Order Requests and amendments.
- Providing advice and assistance on procurement and contractual matters.
- Effective management and negotiation of contractual issues, claims and disputes, escalating to Senior Contracts Specialist and management where required.
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships with key colleagues and suppliers.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Ideally a degree-level qualification in a Quantity Surveying (QS), Legal, or Business Management discipline.
- Experience working in a similar role in the construction, marine, subsea or offshore sector.
- Sound contractual knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Commercially aware and credible.
- Adopts a positive hands-on approach.
- Possesses an eye for detail with an ability to produce work of a high quality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrates an ability to coordinate workload and prioritise according to business needs.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive setting which expects the highest levels of confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
- High degree of computer literacy and good general knowledge of information management tools, with a particular emphasis on the SAP suite of products.
What’s on offer?
In addition to your salary, you can expect the following:
- A fantastic benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
- Flexible working.
- Career development with access to a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team