Cost Estimator - VR/22942
Are you a Cost Estimator with oil and gas and / or renewables industry experience? Do you enjoy Cost Estimation? If so, this is a job for you! Newly created role to work autonomously. An opportunity to establish and develop procedures and processes for cost estimation. Based in Aberdeen with a mix of working from home.
Primary responsibility to manage all cost estimating activities for the project business, through establishing a new cost data base and managing cost estimates for project tenders. Work in close collaboration with Tender Managers, Procurement, Finance and Engineering departments.
A pivotal role in enabling improvement, driving change and developing the renewable energy area.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Focal point for all cost estimating activities.
- Creating and maintaining a cost database for project business.
- Managing feedback and validating cost estimates with actual costs from completed projects.
- Create and manage cost estimates for project tenders and budgetary proposals.
- Supporting Procurement Department to identify requirements for Frame Agreements.
- Maintaining and continuously developing existing Cost Calculators.
- Assessing alternative tools for cost estimation.
- Producing accurate cashflows to ensure neutral / positive project funding and helping to negotiate milestone payments.
- Ensuring consistency across regions and scopes.
- Taking an active role in developing the process of cost estimation.
Applicants to this role require
- Extensive experience with cost estimation and support of project tenders.
- Experience of the oil and gas and/or offshore wind sector(s) is essential.
- Degree qualification in Finance, Business, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A commercial mindset and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience from EPCI tendering and contracting is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Capable of developing a new platform for cost estimation.
- This is a busy and varied role, requiring ability to handle multiple activities.
- Ability to prioritise and manage the workload to meet demanding targets and deadlines.
What’s in it for me?
- Great opportunity to develop personally and professionally within a supportive team environment.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Opportunity to be key part of the business and play a key role in developing offering in the renewable energy sector.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team