Customs Classification Specialist (HS/CN Coding) - VR/22407
A new opportunity for a Customs Classification Specialist, with extensive experience in Harmonised System (HS) and / or Combined Nomenclature (CN) coding, to work with a leading provider of equipment, technology and expertise to the oil and gas industry. This position is initially offered on a 6-month temporary basis, but has the potential to become permanent.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for assigning Harmonised System (HS or CN Codes) to equipment that the imports and exports to/from the UK. The initial focus of this position will be the review and updating of HS codes related to the upcoming Brexit tariff schedule changes for company operations, ensuring all shipments are cleared for UK import / export in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a consistent classification regime to ensure standards meet the HMRC requirements for accuracy.
- Competence in reading and interpreting drawings/schematics/mill certificates and analysing the UK Tariff Schedule to proficiently ascertain the correct HS codes for materials imported and exported from the UK.
- Ensuring that all necessary documentation is maintained and filed as related to any Binding Tariff Information issued by UK authorities, so as to provide proper justifications of selected classifications.
- Interacting with Forwarders / Brokers, if required, to provide classification instructions and any requested assistance from the company to ensure the product moves in a timely manner.
- Proactively developing and conducting self-audits of the company’s UK HS classifications to ensure and accuracy and compliance with government regulatory programs.
- Monitoring the development of trade legislation and regulations impacting the U.K. Tariff Schedule and provide analysis and recommendations based on these developments.
Applicants to this role should have extensive experience in HS coding, knowledge of the regulations related to HS classification and experience of import/export procedures for international freight. The ability to read and classify material drawings / specifications is required, and a working knowledge of Free Trade Agreements is an advantage.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team