Data Analytics Coordinator – VR/24944
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find a Data Analytics Coordinator. The primary responsibility will be to develop and coordinate a global community of PowerBI “Citizen Developers”. The right candidate will have the ability to administer the Power BI Premium Platform and work to coordinate adding data sources to the common data environment.
The company has an ambitious digitalisation program, which identifies the value of data and the business insight it brings. To that end, they have developed a common data environment, a cloud-based capability designed to provide a trusted source of business information drawn from multiple applications. This data is used to drive global data analysis, through both IT-designed and delivered solutions and through end-user self-service.
The primary responsibility will be to develop and coordinate a global community of PowerBI “Citizen Developers”. These are business users with Power BI skills who can combine their knowledge of the business with the data available through the CDE to provide fast, trustworthy insight to business challenges and opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you will need to work well with colleagues in a global context to develop and coordinate a community. You will need excellent Power BI skills, and the ability to coach / train / mentor users, mostly on a remote basis.
This role is part of the Corporate IT Team and has a global remit.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within the business and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Developing, cultivating and supporting the Data Analytics Citizen Developer Community.
- Training, coaching and coordinating; promoting innovation of self-service data solutions.
- Providing best practise guidance and advice to the Citizen Developer Community.
- Administering the Power BI Premium Platform.
- Managing workspaces and administrator access.
- Working with Data Architects to coordinate adding data sources to the common data environment.
- Advancing the data culture within the company at a practical level: processes, tools and techniques.
- Ensuring alignment with company data governance framework.
Key Relationships / Stakeholders
- Key IT Partners.
- Industry peers.
- Global Power BI User Community.
- Data Architects and IT Development Teams.
- Other IT colleagues across the full range of disciplines.
- Business users and key functional stakeholders.
- Professional qualifications: candidate should be degree qualified in IT, or have equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Power BI development, training and service administration.
- Experience with Power BI service administration.
- Customer focussed service delivery skills.
- Strong communications capability, using social networking platforms.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Data landscape, including MS SQL.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods.
- Presents self in a professional manner and works well under pressure.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team