Data and Analytics Lead - VR/25923
Leading exploration and production company are looking to recruit a Data and Analytics Lead to be based in their Aberdeen headquarters on a permanent basis. The Data and Analytics Lead is an integral part of the Digital Technology team and will focus on strategic and complex data engagements aligned with business strategy.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious business, on a rapid growth journey, recognising that the energy industry is entering a new era. As they move towards energy transition, their commitment to the North Sea is unwavering. They are a leading full cycle exploration and production company headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland and the business has built a diverse and high value portfolio of operated and non-operated assets across the Northern & Central North Sea and West of Shetland.
As a leading North Sea operator, they are an agile and driven business, taking a pragmatic approach to oil and gas production through innovative thinking and advanced technologies. The goal is to maximise value through the safe, efficient, and responsible production of their assets. Success is dependent on talent and with bold and inspired people they will create a workplace that is diverse and equitable and building a culture of collaboration and inclusion.
As the data architect you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the Data Architecture end-to-end. Contributing to the overall Digital vison and strategy, fully owning technical design, and driving successful and value focussed implementation through their strategic partners.
Main duties and responsibilities
- As the Data and Analytics Lead you will design and architect improvement to their current offerings, scale cloud data capability and be responsible for the development and operations of their modern data platform to drive maximum benefit from data for our business.
- You will bring new solutions into the data and analytics service, delivering a future oriented data architecture and self-service business insight tools that can solve business problems both current and future.
- You'll liaise with peers and business stakeholders at all levels to support and influence their choices regarding data modelling and management, ensure alignment with data strategy and to ensure implementation is adding value to the business.
- Work with the business to set the strategy and shape working practices for a best-in-class data and analytics / Business Intelligence service function.
- Establish the vision for managing data as a business asset - to exploit data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets.
- Partner with peers, business stakeholders & functional leaders to identify and drive enhancements, utilising data and analytics / Business Intelligence capabilities to improve business performance, measure growth and progress
- Support business insight, intelligence and predictive analytics reporting capabilities that can creates real business value
- Foster the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies, and data literacy across the company. Identify areas where data is missing or is inefficiently used, recommend, and implement improvements to systems company-wide and help to build business led data governance processes
- Organize and lead a data and analytics centre of excellence, and constantly improve the organization's capacity to develop insights with advanced analytics.
- Manage 3rd parties, build strategic partnerships to deliver quickly
- Leads business stakeholder engagements and seeks to inform, influence and challenge to articulate their function’s needs and requirements
- Focus on business value rather than solutions to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
- Have a great understanding of the latest tools and products and platforms, within a variety of different industries, to help our clients not just realise their current goals, but their strategic technological vision for future years to come.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate professional qualification or relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in architecting and implementing Business Intelligence and Data warehouse platforms, Master data Management, data integration and OLTP database solutions.
- Ability to establish, document, communicate and implement a professional data strategy in collaboration with senior business stakeholders.
- Strong background in data related technologies, with skills spanning across data warehousing, ETL/ELT, integration tools and business intelligence solutions that will help to build the data and analytics strategy
- Experience with the delivery of data and BI related solutions aligned with business expectations.
- Experience with cloud data platforms (AWS or Azure) is highly valued.
- Speaks with authority about new and emerging products and services. Seeks to challenge business stakeholders constructively by demonstrating potential for new or innovative solutions.
- Broad understanding of IT and Digital technologies and how they interact to optimise business processes and performance. Be able to identify gaps and areas that need improvement.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team