Data Engineer - VR/26710
TMM Recruitment is working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to find a Data Engineer to join their team ASAP on a contract basis until November 2023 (with the potential of being extended). The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Surface Data Management Lead the job holder will perform a key role in the continuous improvement and adaptation of new methodologies and competences and the efficient utilisation of data as an asset.
- In response to the company ambition and strategy for data driven performance the new TDM function within technical services will lead the affiliate in defining and implementing the data foundation through effective data governance.
- The TDM mission is to drive a strong data management culture through the showcasing and delivery of best practices and knowledge transfer.
- In a fast-paced high evolution domain there is a requirement for continuous improvement and adaptation of new methodologies and competences, whilst complying with the confidentiality and security implications of the data being managed.
- Surface Data Management has a strategic focus within the company and fundamental to the facilitation and efficient utilisation of data as an asset.
- The development of robust Surface Data Management is required to support modern business practices within the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering Geographical Information Service (GIS) for the affiliate using HQ technical specifications, procedures and standards, rules and processes, in order to meet the spatial data needs of the assets and technical services stakeholders.
- Delivering [GIS] data requests to prepare, capture, search, transfer and QC data are fulfilled for the company or external parties to meet stakeholder needs within the scope and priorities of the service.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, support surface data management activities to ensure the implementation and continuous improvement of data capture and quality methods across the Assets and Technical Services and aligned to the overall surface data management roadmap and data governance framework.
- Applying and respecting UK national regulatory requirements (NSTA), ensuring that mandatory reporting is completed within defined timescales to the NDR (National Data Repository) and progress is communicated to key stakeholders.
- Defining and monitoring KPIs to show status and progress on surface data capture and data quality (including NSTA reporting), and identifying issues and opportunities to improve.
- Delivering project activities related to geospatial or surface data, supporting the overall data strategy and a move towards cloud storage and adoption of data platforms such as Quantium, CDP and OSDU.
- Maintaining and updating documentation on data management workflows and processes and champion the adoption of data visualisation to outline data landscape and ensure knowledge capitalisation.
- Identifying, engaging support for and developing innovative use cases / projects to improve data management, migration or data quality including AI use:
- Building PBI dashboards to monitor the performance on data capture and availability:
- Working to align current systems towards future digital platform architecture.
- Building scripts and queries to ease/improve data management activity (Python, SQL or DAX) Exploring and providing trainings on data management tools and techniques (NDR website, Geographical Information Services plugins, transfer data between tools) to enhance user understanding and capabilities, working in partnership with data coordinator network (DCN) and HQ Teams to collaborate and support the embedding of data management competencies and process within each surface data domain of the business.
- Following procedures to ensure that the data management activities are compliant with E&P Referential: company policies, procedures, standards, and rules (naming conventions, organisation, workflows, and confidentiality) to ensure data capture, flow and quality with adherence to deadlines.
Internal/Onshore: Asset Teams, Offshore Wind Team, Data Governance Team, One Tech, SB, Digital Team, Technical Services, and IS Teams.
External: Third parties’ services provider of data and applications. UK Energy organisations (NSTA, OEUK, NZTC, Crown Estate England and Scotland), OSDU .
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- At least a BSc degree in geographical information services or computer science disciplines with considerable professional work experience in an oil exploration and production environment
- Technical skills in Geographical Information Systems, (ESRI software, including ArcSDE and ArcGIS Server, FME, AGOL), geodesy and general knowledge of spatial data analysis techniques.
- Experience of working within a Power BI based reporting environment.
- Experience writing robust, reusable code to create production-strength data pipelines.
- Knowledge of ETL tools (SafeFME) and scripting in Python, SQL.
- Experience of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (Microsoft Azure components) specifically Azure Data Factory.
- Organised, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines.
- Behavioral skills: self-motivated, autonomy, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientation, team player
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team