Data Engineer - VR/26816
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find a Data Engineer to join the team in Aberdeen which is the global hub for the IT function. This role is ideal for an experienced Data Engineer to help with the continued development of the cloud-based data platform and extending its capabilities.
The company are investing in the continued development of their Common Data Environment (CDE), a cloud-based data platform designed to provide a trusted source of business information drawn from multiple business applications. They are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to help with taking the next step in extending the data platform’s capabilities.
The primary responsibilities will be the creation of data pipelines within the CDE including
- Data provisioning
- Performance tuning
The role will support both IT developers and business end-users by ensuring key company datasets are available, accurate and accessible. This will involve engaging with business and system owners of key company data applications to define, agree and implement processes for data management, access control and security.
- Maintaining and contributing to the continuous development of our data platform.
- Building and maintaining data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS application.
- Creating and maintaining architecture and systems documentation.
- Collaborating with other functions to ensure data needs are addressed.
- Collaborating with other IT teams to deliver solutions.
- Providing technical support and monitoring within the data platform.
- Providing technical expertise, guidance, and best practice.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven proficiency with using SQL to analyse and query structured data stores.
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying data pipelines.
- Experience with modern public cloud data offerings.
- Experience with version control toolkits.
- Experience in performing RCA of production incidents and debugging code defects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
It would be advantageous if you have any of the following:
- Experience with Big Data toolkits and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with modern Business Intelligence toolkits.
- Experience with designing and documenting data models.
- Experience with optimisation of data processing workloads.
- Experience with message queuing and stream processing.
- Knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse/Lakehouse architectural principles.
- Knowledge of DevOps workflows and principles.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/MLOps workflows and principles.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team