Data Governance Analyst - VR/23921
TMM Recruitment are supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry on a permanent staff contract as a Data Governance Analyst. This role is with the company’s Digitisation Group and the right candidate will have significant knowledge of business systems and operating models. The position is based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, but as an organisation a hybrid working pattern of 3 days in the office and 2 working from home is offered.
The company are recognised globally as a leader across the energy industry. For 5 decades their people have delivered over 1,000 projects in all water depths across their energy hubs, and they continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. Their sustainability and ongoing success are only possible through innovation, collaboration and the development and diversity of their people, assets, and technology.
The Digitalisation Group within the organisation has an opportunity for a Data Governance Analyst with significant knowledge of business systems and operating models to join the team. This position therefore requires interaction and input into the overall data strategy, including briefing of senior management, support functions, development teams and the business stakeholders. Data Governance is a business-wide function which works closely with both Digitalisation, IT groups and the wider business functions to improve data quality and accessibility and enable the business to achieve its strategy and objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding the objectives, challenges, and opportunities across the business and how data governance can support this.
- Employing effective network, relationship building and negotiation skills in creating and maintaining stakeholder relations.
- Working well with in-house teams (IT, Digitalisation and wider business teams) and external SMEs to support the build of products and solutions focusing on but not limited to data quality, data issue tracking, data modelling, data flow / pipelines (with a target of automation), analytics, visualisation and value extraction.
- Working effectively with a wider global network of Data Owners, Data Stewards, and ambassadors across the business.
- Communicating with business stakeholders and offering guidance and solutions.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with clients, operating staff and third parties who contribute to the successful operation and timely completion of assigned projects.
- Document business data, activities, process maps and associated data flows.
- Generating conceptual, logical, and physical data models and identifying master data, material data, and data issues working closely with the network of data stewards.
- Providing support to the data stewards to raise data issues, progress documenting the AS-IS data picture and work towards the TO-BE data picture and final resolution of data issues.
- Progressing work using both waterfall and agile ways of working and use DevOps systems.
- Providing experience and understanding of the key elements of business structures and operating models specifically with regards data and data quality.
- Providing regular progress reporting and review opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Providing assessment of the value returned through data issue resolution directly and indirectly downstream of the issue identified.
- Developing data collection processes to generate information for use in quality control and other analytics value applications.
- Presenting results clearly and to an appropriate level for the audience / user, often non-technical.
- Ability to design and develop dashboards and engaging data visualisations. Experience with data visualisation tools is an advantage.
- Ability to document data pipelines for multiple streams of data. Experience with data flow automation tools is an advantage.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of Data Governance industry products, standards, legislation, and best practice.
- Communicating knowledge and experience in modern data theory and data driven / centric models.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Self-motivated person with experience of data governance framework structures, policy, and operating models.
- Knowledge of data systems, data quality, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Able to work independently and as a member of project teams.
- Knowledge of automation and development / building of data pipelines.
- Experience of enterprise applications and company data systems.
- Understanding of a Project / Engineering company would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Master Data Management would be an advantage.
- Understanding of TOGAF 9.2 would be an advantage.
- Have awareness of Systems Architecture relating to data.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- There may be a requirement to undertake ad-hoc travel to visit other offices.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team