Data Governance Analyst - VR/28676
Join our client, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry, as a Data Governance Analyst on a permanent basis. The successful candidate requires significant knowledge of business systems and operating models. If successful, you will be interacting and inputting into the overall data strategy, including briefing of senior management, support functions, development teams and business stakeholders.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Interacting and inputting into the overall data strategy, including briefing senior management, support functions, development teams and the business stakeholders.
- Understanding goals, challenges, and opportunities and how data governance can support this.
- Employing effective network, relationship building and negotiation skills with creating and maintaining stakeholder relations.
- Working effectively with a wider global network of data owners, data stewards, and ambassadors across the business.
- Communicating with business stakeholders and offering guidance and solutions.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with clients, operating staff and third parties who contribute to the effective operation and timely completion of assigned projects.
- Documenting business data, activities, process maps and associated data flows.
- Generating conceptual, logical, and physical data models and identify master data, material data, and data issues working closely with the network of data stewards.
- Providing support to the data stewards to raise data issues, progress documenting the AS-IS data picture and working towards the TO-BE data picture and final resolution of data issues.
- Progressing work using both waterfall and agile ways of working and use DevOps systems.
- Providing experience and understanding of the key elements of business structures and operating models specifically with regards data and data quality.
- Providing regular progress reporting and reviewing opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Providing assessment of the value returned through data issue resolution directly and indirectly downstream of the issue identified.
- Developing data collection processes to generate information for use in quality control and other analytics value applications.
- Presenting results clearly and to an appropriate level for the audience/user, often non-technical.
- Ability to design and develop dashboards and engaging data visualisations. Experience with data visualisation tools is an advantage.
- Ability to document data pipelines for multiple streams of data. Experience with data flow automation tools is an advantage.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of data governance industry products, standards, legislation, and best practice.
- Communicating knowledge and experience in modern data theory and data driven/centric models.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of data systems, data quality, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)).
- Understanding of a Project / Engineering company.
- Understanding of Master Data Management.
- Understanding of TOGAF 9.2.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team