Database and Reporting Engineer - VR/24660
TMM Recruitment is partnering with a renowned market leading, international company providing services and integrated solutions to the energy and defence industries to identify a Database and Reporting Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Based in the company’s headquarters on the southside of Aberdeen, the role holder will help deploy business intelligence and reporting solutions and support the transition to new technology with their in-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server technologies and a proven track record of delivering database, reporting and BI solutions in an ERP environment.
Overview job description
- Developing, maintaining and supporting databases and reporting.
- Performing general database administration, developing and delivering reports and carrying out regular data-management and maintenance activities in the ERP system.
- Engaging with the business to recommend and deliver reporting solutions.
- Helping to deploy business intelligence and reporting solutions and supporting the transition to new technology.
- Contributing to general ERP maintenance and development.
- Understanding organisation structure, policies and operations, recommending appropriate reporting solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementing and supporting:
- A modern database architecture in SQL Server 2019 including OLAP-based reporting.
- Line of business reporting in Excel / MS Query and SSRS.
- Application databases and related reporting.
- Maintenance and development of OLAP reporting and data warehouse (SQL 2019) and related ETL routines (SSIS / SSAS).
- Working with users ensuring data and reports meet their business needs.
- Regular database administration.
- ERP administration including month-end processing, maintenance and reporting.
- Contribution to general IT support.
Key interactions - All levels of the organisation including the IT Team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience and relevant certification would be desirable.
- Delivery of database and reporting solutions using MS SQL Server technologies.
- Experience of manufacturing, distribution and sales IT.
- Delivery of database, reporting and BI solutions in an ERP environment.
- Implementation and maintenance of data warehouses and business reporting solutions.
- Microsoft SQL Server database development and administration (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server Agent Jobs, maintenance, backup, performance tuning).
- T-SQL (Schema and query design, views, functions, stored procedures).
- Business-facing communication skills.
- SQL development best-practice and source / version control.
- Experience with SQL Server 2019.
- Implementation of OLAP-based reporting solutions.
- Excel / MS-Query / VBA development.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team