Design Draughtsperson - VR/26376
Currently recruiting for a Design Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen. This role would suit a Draughtsperson who is in the early stages of their career, as the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who has around 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
The Design Draughtsperson will produce 3D models and assembly and detail drawings for the company’s product range. The post holder will develop models andtechniques including parametrics, I-Logic and other advanced modelling techniques. The successful candidate will provide support to production interfaces and the Engineering Team.
The Design Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing general arrangement, production and detailed drawings and parts lists of company and client products from in-house and client provided information.
- Assisting in the development of engineering design.
- Producing information in the form of drawings and specifications which allows the Contracts, Projects and Production Departments to perform their functions efficiently.
- Assisting with the development of custom design software and techniques.
- Contributing to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- Contributing to the maintenance of engineering data using data management software.
- Producing information to safely meet client and in-house deadlines, and to advise early on any anticipated delays.
- Ensuring all relevant company procedures and policies are adhered to.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in relevant Engineering discipline.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar Design Draughtsperson type role.
- Experience with 3D modelling software.
- Experience in producing detail design drawings, tolerancing, assemblies and parametric modelling.
- Experience in a similar role within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Knowledge of plastics, rubbers and composite materials.
- Experience with Autodesk Software (Inventor and AutoCAD).
- GD&T knowledge and experience with its application.
- Familiarity with draughting standards, such as BS8888.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team