Design Draughtsperson - VR/27880
Currently recruiting for a Design Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for a subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. Hybrid working opportunities will be available and the successful candidate will be working a 37.5-hour week. This role would suit a candidate who is in the early stages of their design/drafting career.
The Design Draughtsperson will perform conceptual and detail engineering design and draughting. The post holder will take conceptual designs through to fully detailed manufacture level drawings.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing conceptual design.
- Producing proposal and sales sketches, images and drawings.
- Providing detailed design, including dimensional tolerancing.
- Producing 2D and 3D drawings, schematics, sketches and layouts.
- Producing assembly and component drawings for manufacturing.
- Producing of parts lists for assembly and sales drawings.
- Performing checking/approving of other Designers work, as required.
- Liaising with Design Engineers, Designers and Draughting Checkers with respect to all drawings.
- Controlling parts lists and create parts.
- Assisting Project Team in developing installation procedures.
- Supporting the Project and Tendering Teams as required.
- Contributing to IP development.
- Implementing engineering designs in compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Ensuring that project and company quality procedures, together with business management systems, are implemented at all times.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation was produced in compliance with legislation, codes and standards and client requirements.
- Ensuring that design documents produced in-house are technically correct and are clear/ understandable.
- Providing relevant technical information, when required, for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Technically reviewing designs produced by other members of the Design Team for correctness, compliance with all standards, completeness and manufacturability and instigating changes and improvements using relevant document control procedures.
- Upkeeping and housekeeping server files and folders as appropriate.
- Participating, when required, in departmental improvement projects, highlighting areas for improvement.
- Participating in design reviews and project kick off meetings.
- An HNC/HND qualification in a relevant field.
- Previous experience in a similar Design Draughtsperson type role within the North Sea oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the subsea sector.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team