Design Engineer - VR/22972
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer for an oil and gas service company based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire. The role will primarily be office-based to begin with - however, there could be scope for a more hybrid working structure down the line.
This role would suit an experienced Design Engineer who has experience of working in a similar role within a service company / manufacturing environment within the oil and gas industry. It would suit a candidate who has experience with Inventor and Mathcad, as well as experience of working with pressure vessel and pipeline codes (ASME etc.).
The Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Engineering Manager, Lead Design Engineers and Project Technical Leads.
- Assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities.
- Providing support to Draftspersons, Trainee Draftsperson and Graduate Engineers.
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken.
- Checking drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Presenting technical proposals and designs at concept and detailed design reviews.
- Efficient use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, Mathcad, etc).
- Providing design support to other Company functions.
- Providing design support and guidance to manufacturing, assembly and test.
- Carrying out site surveys – onshore and offshore.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An honours degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, or similar, is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status with IMechE would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Mechanical Design Engineer type role, within a service company / manufacturing environment within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor is essential.
- Experience with Mathcad is essential.
- Experience of working with pressure vessel and pipeline codes (ASME etc.) would be highly desirable.
- Experience of working with lifting codes would be advantageous.
- Specific experience with ASME codes would be preferred.
- Experience with ANSYS, or other FEA packages, would be preferred.
- Experience with downhole tooling - relating to plugs, locks, packers and deployment mechanisms - would be preferred.
- Pigging experience / knowledge would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team