Designer / Draughtsperson - VR/26682
Currently recruiting for an experienced Designer / Draughtsperson on a 12-month fixed-term contract basis for a Subsea company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. It will be a full-time office-based position and hybrid working will not be available at this time.
Working within the Subsea Services Intervention Group, the Designer / Draughtsperson will be responsible for the preparation of 2D drawings and 3D models using relevant software packages, including DraftSight 2022 and SolidWorks 2019. The post holder will prepare new designs and will also modify existing designs and / or drawings using in house workflow processes. The Designer / Draughtsperson will also be responsible for ensuring all drawings / models and subcomponents are revision controlled so that consistency and traceability is maintained between 3D model geometry, scope of supply details and the physical assets they represent.
Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer, the Designer / Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- 2D and 3D design and draughting life cycle support of SIL / IRS systems.
- General purpose preparation of 2D and 3D drawings including campaign specific work.
- Reviewing offshore and onshore operations and assets, using storyboards and rendering images.
- Providing input into campaign operations.
- Analysing mechanical structures and pressure equipment using SoildWorks Simulation and Mathcad.
- Working closely with Engineers to develop solutions.
- Checking for and identifying interface issues in the design process and identifying to Lead Engineer.
- Surveying and measuring vessel and equipment.
- Interrogating and using 3D scans from 3rd party survey work scopes to deliver engineering solutions and update equipment to as built status.
- Recognising and working to industry standards, such as API, ISO and BSEN standards. Recommending practices and methodologies as well as regulatory requirements (where applicable).
- Recognising and working to company standards, in particular QA specifications, to ensure all assets have an agreed QA specification, either detailed within the product drawings or in the form of a PDS or RFQ prior to purchase.
- Responsible to Lead Project Engineer for the efficient day to day execution of nominated activities.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Degree / HND / HNC qualification in a mechanical engineering or design discipline would be preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Designer / Draughtsperson type role, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Experience in a similar role, within the Subsea sector, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with SolidWorks, DraftSight, AutoCAD and AutoDesk Recap.
- Experience with SolidWorks Visualize, SolidWorks Simulation and Mathcad would be preferred.
- Applicants should have knowledge of SolidWorks PDM for product data management.
- Experience of producing technical drawings and 3D models is essential.
- Applicants should be familiar with current standards relating to the Offshore Oil and Gas industry.
- Applicants should have knowledge of offshore design codes and their application.
- Experience in FEA and the use of associated packages would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team