Designer / Draughtsperson - VR/28896
Currently recruiting for an experienced Designer/Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for a subsea service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing tooling designs and drawings from concept through to detailed design, manufacture, assembly and testing. Working within the Engineering Team, the Designer/Draughtsperson will focus on developing, enhancing and sustaining tooling designs in support of a range of energy infrastructure projects, installation and commissioning services associated with offshore wind farms, IRM and decommissioning.
The Designer/Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Performing 3D and 2D design activities and produce machining/fabrication drawings in support of the development, commercialisation and sustaining of products, technologies and associated systems.
- Interpreting functional and technical specifications in order to produce the best design solution to satisfy project requirements, considering timescale, cost, safety, client and industry standards.
- Performing design and development – checking and reviewing activities in accordance with quality management system processes and procedures.
- Supporting assembly, commissioning and testing of company equipment onsite and offsite.
- Contributing conceptual design work and CTR input in support of the composition of proposal documents.
- Where appropriate, liaising with other designers and team members to gain experience of company product lines and share ideas on how to explore new markets.
- Offering support and technical guidance to members of the engineering, projects, operations, supply chain, sales and commercial teams to aid the growth and development of the company.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of design and development processes and procedures for the business unit.
- Offering direct and indirect mentorship for developing designers, technicians, interns and work placement students.
- An HND qualification in a relevant engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Registration with a recognised professional body (iMechE, IET etc) would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Designer/Draughtsperson type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas/subsea industry, is essential.
- Experience in mechanical tooling design, encompassing the development of concepts and the creation of detailed machining and fabrication drawing packs, is essential.
- 2D and 3D modelling experience is essential.
- Applicants should have experience with tolerances/GD&T, hydraulic systems and the preparation of models for FEA analysis.
- Experience with well abandonment and subsea infrastructure decommissioning and associated tooling designs would be preferred.
- Experience with offshore IRM work scopes and associated mechanical/hydraulic/electronic bespoke tooling designs for diver and ROV operations would be preferred.
- Experience with offshore wind farm installation and commissioning and developing associated tooling would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team