Desktop Services Analyst / Administrator - VR/21263
Currently recruiting for an experienced Desktop Services Administrator on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. The Desktop Services Administrator will assist in the configuration, installation and maintenance of personal computing devices, including laptops, desktops, workstations, printers and associated peripherals. Although based in the Aberdeen office, the post holder will be required to provide remote support to all users within the EMEA region. Travel across the EMEA region and afterhours support may be required, on occasion, therefore applicants must be willing to do this.
The Desktop Services Administrator will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to customer requests for services concerning support, processing or request procedures, systems status and network connectivity. Also responding to a variety of hardware and software problems for all installed application hardware and software products, supported by Information Services.
- Working with other teams and external vendors, as required, and escalating when necessary.
- Installing and configuring IT hardware software.
- Providing software and hardware support to user desktop PC’s.
- Ensuring compliance with software licensing agreements held.
- Maintaining computer equipment asset database.
- Maintaining computer software audit database.
- Maintaining desktop security.
- Assisting in development of desktop solutions.
- Assisting in disaster recovery when required.
- Providing support to all Company desktop users, using remote access methods.
- Maintaining and completing required documentation.
- Configuring and supporting mobile devices.
- Ordering equipment and spares.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ proven desktop support experience - supporting Windows 7, 10, Office 2013 and Office 365 is essential.
- Previous and recent experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience with file permissions and Active Directory is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience of imaging, using SCCM.
- Applicants will be expected to possess Office 365 administration experience.
- Ticketing system experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge of Bitlocker would be preferred.
- Experience with backups and Veeam would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team