Desktop Technician – VR/25105
If you are looking for the job that will launch your career in IT, look no further! TMM is working with a renowned investment banking company to source a Desktop Support Analyst. Our client is looking for: A recent Degree or equivalent qualification in an IT discipline; Somebody with great Customer Service skills; Foundational knowledge of diagnosing & repairing hardware and software faults.
The ideal candidate will be keen to learn, shows great initiative and is not afraid to make contributions to the team.
Overseeing the technical support of the applications, hardware and peripheral equipment utilised. This includes but not limited to installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing and upgrading corporate hardware and applications while ensuring optimal performance.
This individual is expected to gain knowledge on business line applications and to provide application support. It will also be expected that this individual gain knowledge of and support telephony devices which include Cisco phones and mobile devices.
This individual may need to assist with downed services and help to resolve, manage and escalate those downed services via other internal Technology Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and processing user computer problems and errors.
- Ability to recognise and resolve application or connectivity trends.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, operating systems, and PC protocols and standards.
- Hands-on experience with devices such as Lenovo workstations, laptops, docking stations and peripheral equipment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working with external vendors and contacts to resolve issues.
- Understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a busy environment.
- Experience working with a remote Technology Team and the ability to collaborate remotely.
Technical knowledge in these areas would be positive
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- Active Directory users and computers.
- Software distribution.
- iOS device troubleshooting.
- Audio visual.
- Unified communications (Microsoft Teams) and video conferencing.
- IP Print troubleshooting.
- Service Now ticketing system.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team