Digital Marketing Executive - VR/27278
Barra Castle is hiring a a digital marketing executive who will build upon its strong social media presence to develop their brand and drive a pipeline of sustainable sales enquiries. There IS such a thing as a free lunch… and that’s not the only reason Barra Castle is unique.
Lovingly restored by the Stephen family, the castle and grounds are now the heart of this thriving business. Set in stunning Scottish countryside near Inverurie, this destination is the backdrop for life’s special occasions, moments that really matter to people from a life-defining wedding, to a relaxing escape from it all or a cup of tea and cake with friends.
At Barra Castle, we make dreams come true, create memories, and make people feel special and we’re looking for someone to help us deliver the happiness.
Our social media channels are the windows of Barra Castle, enabling us to share everything that happens here, from the people who visit, the food from our award winning café to the animals and activities from life on a busy farm.
You’ll be the author who tells our stories and shares all that is special, and unique, about Barra Castle.
If you are a creative and results-driven individual with a passion for leveraging social media to build brand presence we’d love to hear from you. The successful candidate will be organised, independent and thirsty for a challenge.
Sound like you? Read on…
You’ll work across 4 business streams:
- The Barn – A stunning, sophisticated barn venue for weddings, family celebrations and corporate events overlooking Bennachie’s skyline.
- Barra Berries – Barra Castle is HQ for the family’s farm which produces over 500,000 punnets of strawberries a year.
- Farm Shop – Local artisan foods are sold from this retail outlet as well of course as the famous berries. This venue also operates as a café 7 days per week.
- Lodges – Conservation of the castle gatehouses created extra special accommodation for up to 14 people.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with the company’s business objectives.
- Work closely with business owner Sarah Stephen to develop a new marketing plan and budget.
- Manage, curate and create engaging content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok which resonates with our target audiences.
- Engage with our online community by responding to comments and messages in a timely and authentic manner.
- Analyse social media performance and identify opportunities for development and growth.
- Working within a small team your opinions will make a big impact. We’re an agile business so it’s important you can communicate ideas verbally and executive these ideas creatively.
- Experience in digital marketing with a strong focus on social media management and strategy with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Content creator and proficient user of Facebook, Instagram and Mailchimp with a solid understanding of content optimisation.
- Website content management, basic design skills and familiarity with Canva and CRM systems preferred.
- Strong written communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Friendly and efficient you’ll interface with many customers and deal with a high volume of customer enquiries. It’s important that you act as a brand ambassador for the business.
- Collaborate within a small, family team and work independently, often called to “think on your feet”.
- An “ideas” person with a creative mindset and the ability to generate innovative content ideas that resonate with our target audiences.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and focus on operational efficiency.
- Competitive salary.
- The role is based on site at Barra Castle where you can enjoy lunch “on the house” every day from our café.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative and happy environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Professional growth and development through ongoing role development.
- Access to a car is essential as Barra Castle is rurally situated between Oldmeldrum and Inverurie.
TMM Recruitment INDOS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team