Draughtsperson - VR/27502
Currently recruiting for an experienced Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
The Draughtsperson will work within a multi-discipline team to design, qualify and commercialise a range of cutting-edge downhole completion technologies. As a member of a small and dynamic group of specialists, the primary focus will be the mechanical component of new and developing systems. The Draughtsperson will produce assembly and detail drawings for a wide range of products, which includes swellable, fibre-optic and electro-hydraulic valve technologies.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Producing general arrangement, production and detailed drawings and parts lists for client products.
- Assisting in the development of engineering design.
- Producing information in the form of drawings and specifications which allows the Contracts, Projects and Production Departments to perform their functions efficiently.
- Contributing to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- Contributing to the maintenance of engineering data using data management software.
- Producing information to safely meet client and in-house deadlines and to advise early of any anticipated delays.
- Ensuring all relevant company procedures and policies are adhered to.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a relevant technical discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with 3D modelling software.
- Experience with parametric modelling techniques.
- Familiarity with current draughting standards.
- Ability to investigate and interpret data.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- SolidWorks experience.
- Knowledge of downhole hydraulics.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team