Draughtsperson - VR/28729
Currently recruiting for an experienced Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based near Banff in Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be working a 37.5-hour week and based on the location, access to personal transport and a full driving licence is essential.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Draughtsperson will model parts and assemblies from specifications and/or information supplied, as well as create fabrication and machining drawings.
The Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing models and drawings to support various activities across the business.
- Preparing material take-offs where necessary.
- Transferring as-built information onto drawings, as required, and ensuring as-built revisions are kept up to date.
- Providing support to other departments as required.
- Developing strong working relations with key stakeholders – clients, colleagues etc.
- Creating parts lists and use standard parts, where possible, to improve efficiency when designing new equipment.
- Ensuring all work is filed/stored in accordance with company procedures.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a relevant technical discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Draughtsperson type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Design experience with hydraulics, electrics, electronics and pneumatics would be preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor would be preferred, however, experience with other design software could be considered.
- Applicants should be fully conversant with fabrication and installation techniques.
- Applicants should be fully conversant with fabrication and drawing standards.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team