Drilling Engineer - VR/26097
Currently recruiting for an experienced Drilling Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is an initial 6-month contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
This role would suit an experienced Drilling Engineer who has semi-submersible drilling experience, as well as drilling experience in the West of Shetland region.
Reporting to the Lead Drilling Engineer, the Drilling Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Drilling Superintendents in the operations follow-up of drilling campaign.
- Assisting the Well Operations Team Leader for drilling / intervention operations and demonstrate management commitment to safety.
- Ensuring wells are designed and prepared in accordance with UK oil and gas regulations and company rules.
- Ensuring the preparation of operational programmes, DECC / WONS / HSE permits / notifications and procedures (including SIMOPS and bridging documents) are done in a timely manner in order to meet the projects schedule.
- Ensuring implementation of engineering work plans, providing live engineering support to operations (casing design, directional, hydraulics, swab and surge, torque and drag, well control calculations etc.).
- Collaborating with relevant geoscience metiers in the organisation and preparation of wells “Scope of Requisition” and “Scope of Work” meetings and reports.
- Organising and participating in task forces to resolve engineering / technical issues.
- Ensuring material stock remains compatible with project schedule and updating / following up on equipment preparation for routine / non-routine operations with the assistance of Drilling Engineers.
- Providing the required technical documentation and input to allow call for tenders and award of contracts for the provision of services specific to the projects and assist in the negotiation of drilling related contracts required for future operations.
- Organising and participating in HAZID / HAZOPs when required and ensure recommendations are applied.
- Effective contract management of contracts (operational cost) with a view to optimising value and take decisions with respect to the job holder’s technical speciality.
- Supporting the Joint Venture and Development Departments as Technical Interface Assistant between company and its partners for the drilling aspects.
- Supervising and coaching / mentoring entry level Engineers.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering Degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Drilling Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P operator, would be preferred.
- Previous semi-submersible drilling experience is essential.
- West of Shetland-based drilling experience would be highly advantageous.
- Applicants will be expected to possess well completion design and well architecture calculation experience.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with typical drilling engineering software, such as T-DESK and Wellview.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team