Economist - VR/23027
Economist 6 month contract with an E&P company based in Aberdeen. Relevant experience within the oil and gas upstream industry is essential.
Overview job description
Provide regular full life cycle and incremental economic evaluation and associated analysis to the UK Business Unit in relation to pre- development, development and producing assets, and support exploration and A&D activities as and when required. Key member of team charged with overseeing the delivery of Commercial and Non-Operated Assets Group objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Collating data, prepare economic models with supporting documentation and provide variance analysis as part of the life of field production and development asset valuation process
- Interfacing with finance requirements for annual report.
- Ensuring the life of field economic spreadsheet models are maintained and are accurate and auditable for production and development phase assets.
- Ensuring preparation / prepare life of field models in the company’s economic software.
- Overseeing preparation of Development economics for screening and project decision gates.
- Assisting commercial staff in developing commercial solutions / negotiating positions
- Participating in the Economic peer review process as requested.
- Supporting the Exploration function by delivering economic analysis that supports the investment decision for exploration and appraisal activities.
- Preparing collated business unit figures for strategy / planning as required.
- Supporting A&D evaluation work on an ad-hoc / as required basis.
Applicants to this role require
- Degree in a technical, financial, or other relevant discipline / experience
- Experience in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Ideally, a comprehensive mix of technical knowledge, business and commercial awareness, and management and analytical skills
- A proven track record of providing economic analysis using techniques and software common to the industry
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team