Electrical & Instrument Engineer - VR/21062
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical & Instrument Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a large oil and gas company based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Electrical & Instrument Engineer will be expected to provide electrical and instrument maintenance support to offshore installations. The successful candidate will be expected to travel offshore, on occasion, therefore applicants must be willing to do this.
The Electrical & Instrument Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to offshore installations for all electrical high and low voltage maintenance requirements.
- Providing technical support with regard to the repair and maintenance of installation equipment.
- Reviewing planned maintenance routines to ensure equipment is maintained correctly, whilst making the most effective use of the workforce.
- Determining spares requirements for items of equipment.
- Raising modification requests and reviewing technical content of modification requests raised by offshore.
- Raising contract service orders (technical work scope) for vendors going offshore.
- Reviewing technical content of maintenance frame agreements.
- Assessing and issuing authorisation certificates to offshore electrical personnel.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Degree qualification in Electrical / Controls / Instrumentation Engineering is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Valid / current offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Electrical & Instrument Engineer position, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Experience with high voltage is essential.
- Experience with the commissioning of electrical systems is essential.
- Maximo experience would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team