Electrical Maintenance Engineer (hands-on) - VR/27409
We are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer for our client on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all electrical engineering work is done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement. The successful applicant will be working in a modern processing facility and have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Other duties include:
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical systems.
- Inspecting and maintaining equipment to avoid malfunction and other problems with equipment.
- Ensuring equipment is working and not in danger of breaking down.
- Performing routine inspections, fault finding and preventive maintenance on machines to keep them running smoothly.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the problem when a machine breaks down and assessing whether parts can be repaired or need to be replaced.
- Liaising with the Stores and Procurement Controller, ensuring any requirement for material and parts is communicated in a clear and timely manner.
- Repairing heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in the engineering and other industrial production processes.
- Undertaking electrical testing such as PAT testing, emergency light testing.
- Undertaking electrical in-house project work when required, such as panel replacement / rebuild, re-wiring installations.
- Ensuring a full and comprehensive handover with engineering team members at shift change.
- Making any required upgrades or changes to established systems to improve or prolong efficiency.
- Meeting electrical engineering quality/manufacturing standards & specifications whilst achieving efficiency targets.
- Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Engineering.
- 18th Edition.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team