Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Office-based) - VR/23405
Currently recruiting for an experienced office-based Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. The contract will initially run until mid-March 2022, and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Occasional offshore visits will likely be required as part of this role - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will provide electrical and HVAC plant support, relating to reliability, repairs and planned maintenance.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties & responsibilities:
- Liaising with the Offshore Electrical Technicians and Maintenance Supervisors on CNS and NNS assets regarding electrical and HVAC matters and queries.
- Directing key vendors and contractors to ensure satisfactory level of service is continuously achieved.
- Carrying out vendor performance analysis.
- Carrying out Ex validation of Tags generated from the offshore electrical campaigns.
- Creating query lists, as required, with associated technical attributes.
- Updating SAP with all relevant technical information, as required.
- Reviewing EE18 forms and update SAP, as required.
- Utilising SAP to coordinate Service Requests, Work Orders and associated maintenance.
- Coordinating equipment repairs for relevant discipline area, including process of dispersals, vendor liaison and associated logistics.
- Coordinating urgent material requisitions, including vendor liaison and associated logistics.
- Coordinating and providing input to yearly vendor maintenance plans and vendor work pack process.
- Annually inputting data and prepare the Electrical / HVAC / UPS / Battery / Oil analysis vendor maintenance budget spend.
- Inputting data into Sorter for Electrical / HVAC upgrades.
- Providing input to the asset maintenance planning process, as required.
- Providing input and support to Turnaround planning process, as appropriate, for discipline work scopes.
- Attending asset maintenance meetings to provide progress update of maintenance assigned activities.
- Participating in the development and continuous improvement of maintenance strategies and development of long-term equipment plans.
- Liaising closely with the Procurement and Warehouse Management groups, as appropriate.
- For single discipline electrical design projects – carrying out design calculations, producing work packs and CCHP’s and generate electrical project drawings.
- Carrying out Electrical Technician / Apprentice interviews in support of the Electrical TA.
- Carrying out vendor and Electrical Safety Rules audits.
- Commenting on EPC design house electrical projects.
- Inputting information and attend, where required, HSE meetings in support of the Electrical TA.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based Electrical Maintenance / Support Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Experience with SAP, or a similar computerised maintenance management system, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team