Electrical Technician (Engines / HPU’s) - VR/24924
We are currently looking for an onshore Electrical Technician for one of our clients. The main responsibilities will be to build, install, maintain, and repair Electric and Diesel HPUs, running line monitors and control systems. Ensuring at all times that work is in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets.
- Carrying out work as requested by Supervisor.
- Ability to read and work from electrical schematics
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic systems, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Being able to install all types of cable containment.
- Fault finding on systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment to rectify issues.
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and ensuring compliance with current regulations.
- Carrying out maintenance repairs and installing electrical systems.
- Advising Supervisor on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Undertaking industrial electrical installations.
- Carrying out auto electrical work (diesel engines) and PLC installation work if required.
- Advising appropriately where errors are found and giving feedback to Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Supervisor ensuring department tasks are delivered in a timely manner to suit project requirements.
- Mentoring and coaching team and employees within the business.
- Actively participating in TBTs.
- Reporting any breakages or damages along with any shortages in material or tooling in a timely manner.
- Locating and inspecting all purchased components and manufactured components to ensure they are available and correct.
- Ensuring all departmental documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting other departments with technical queries.
Qualifications & Skills
- SVQ / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience in building panels.
- Experience in industrial electrical work.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving.
- Good communicator.
- IT literate with Microsoft Package experience.
- Ability to use own initiative but works well in a team.
- Be able to use own initiative, problem solve and work with minimal or no supervision.
- HNC in Electrics or working towards related course.
- Experience in Auto Electrics (diesel engines).
- Compex EX01-04.
- Offshore Survival.
INDTRA TMM Recruitment email@example.com
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team