Electrician - VR/24482
Our client is looking for an Electrician who will predominantly be based onshore, but there will be some offshore work as well as part of the role. The client looking for someone to work effectively as part of a team to install, service, repair and maintain offshore oil equipment by working closely with the maintenance department. Carrying out repairs and upgrades of electrical equipment will be an integral part of the role. Help train colleagues across various disciplines.
- Ensuring awareness and compliance with all company, client and job specific procedures / legislation.
- Participating in company and client safety observation card programs.
- Attending safety meetings with HSEQ / client personnel as required.
- Assisting HSEQ Team in reporting and escalating any HSEQ incidents / concerns on site.
- Following relevant permit to work and isolation procedures and work instructions.
- Actively participating in toolbox talks.
- Installing, servicing and repairing all company equipment.
- Logging information in maintenance job cards.
- Liaising with product line and project and Asset Management Teams to obtain necessary information to assist and build new equipment as required.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager on work scopes required for; supplies, maintenance, manufacturing and testing.
- Sourcing information from third party representatives as necessary.
- Providing back-up assistance to colleagues as and when required.
- Reporting all out of hours activity to Maintenance Manager.
Offshore / Overseas Maintenance
- Traveling overseas / offshore to install, service and repair equipment as required.
- Being prepared to undertaking medicals, vaccinations and training as required for offshore / overseas travel.
Skills and Experience:
Qualifications / Training
- Certified electrical qualification.
- ComPex certification.
- Valid BOSIET & MIST.
- Valid OGUK medical (for a minimum of 3 months).
- HNC / HND in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline.
- Inspection of electrical systems, fault finding, testing and repairs.
- Working with electrical schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Carry out maintenance routines.
- Carry out installations.
- Repair breakdowns.
- Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines.
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industries.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times.
- Ability to develop and follow operational instructions.
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the company.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment.
- Ability to travel offshore / overseas when required.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team