Electronics Superintendent - VR/21505
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electronics Superintendent on a permanent staff basis for a large, international drilling contractor, based in Tullos, Aberdeen.
The Electronics Superintendent will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the maintenance of electronic equipment, including control and instrumentation systems, on board vessels is conducted in accordance with the policies of the company and in compliance with statutory and classification Society requirements. Systems may include Drilling Control, Dynamic Positioning, Integrated Automation, Fire and Gas Detection and Emergency Shutdown Systems.
- Responsible for the continuous development and monitoring of the Cybersecurity Management Strategy and Software Configuration Plan, in relation to vessel-based control and automation systems.
- Assisting with the continuous development and monitoring of maintenance strategies, in line with electronic equipment, software and instrumentation systems best practice.
- Liaising with the Engineering and Subsea Managers, Engineering, Electrical and Subsea Superintendents and Rig Managers to assist with providing all departments with a cost-effective operation.
- Assisting with the production of written procedures and safety instructions regarding electronic equipment, software, instrumentation and control systems.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets, costs for surveys, audits, modifications and projects.
- Ensuring that electronic system – including control and instrumentation – failures are properly investigated; root causes are identified and relevant follow up / remedial actions are taken.
- Liaising with the certifying authorities regarding equipment failures, repairs and renewals.
- Responding to all documentation, reports and other inward data regarding electronic equipment, including well control equipment.
- Ensuring that the Software Configuration Management System is fully utilised, allowing for software modifications to be tracked and viewed by appropriate stakeholders.
- Proactively ensuring that electronic systems, including computers, software, networks and PLCs, are adequately protected, according to industry recommendations and company requirements.
- Assisting with the preparation of obsolescence strategies and related support for electronic systems, including software and hardware components, in accordance with industry best practice and company requirements.
- Carrying out fleet-wide risk assessments relating to electronic equipment, including software, control and instrumentation systems, and carrying out audits on vessels and equipment suppliers, as required by the company.
- Taking ownership of project work relating to the upgrading / updating of control and instrumentation systems.
- Assisting the Marine Department with the preparation of DP technical related documentation and company procedures.
- Direct offshore electrical and electronic staff to ensure that all equipment under their control is maintained and operated in a safe manner, consistent with current legislation and company Code of Safe Working Practices.
- Coordinating and executing vessel equipment upgrade projects.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A BEng / BSc Degree qualification in Electronic and / or Electrical Engineering is essential.
- Incorporated / Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Electronics Superintendent type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with a drilling contractor, is preferred.
- Previous experience with control and automation systems is essential.
- Experience with the following is preferred: subsea BOP equipment, MUX systems, drilling control systems, dynamic positioning systems and integrated automation systems.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team