Engineering Maintenance Technician (Electrician) - VR/26934
We are currently on the lookout for an Engineering Maintenance Technician (with electrical bias) on a permanent, staff basis in Aberdeen. To deliver maintenance services of assets in a safe and cost effective manner that meets the required quality standards and meets the expectations of the customers.
- Undertaking planned or reactive maintenance work on engineering assets ensuring optimum serviceability which meets agreed service levels and provides a trouble free operational environment, applying the skills and knowledge required for the task. This includes inspecting assets which are not working as needed, assessing and reporting what work is required and undertaking that work.
- Undertaking maintenance and engineering tasks in both mechanical and electrical engineering fields safely up to the level of competence for which you have been trained.
- Utilising CMMSs (e.g. FSI Concept) to receive, complete and close down work orders entering accurate data for resources employed including all labour and materials.
- Ensuring all maintenance and engineering task records are updated in accordance with the regulatory commitments.
- Operating and promoting working practices which ensure a safe working environment for self and others, contributing to the development of a safety culture and adhering to mandatory regulations and safety procedures.
- Engaging proactively in continuous improvement programmes associated with delivering improvements to customer service, safety, quality and cost reduction.
- Managing own work performance and proactively respond to customer needs without the requirement to be directed to do so by a supervisor.
- Communicating effectively with customers and Maintenance Team colleagues on the progress of completing and completed work.
- Working with others, including colleagues or trainees on a one to one basis to enable a broadening of the skill and knowledge base of the whole workforce to deliver the best possible customer service. Including a cross fertilisation of skills associated to specific and specialist equipment.
- Proactively upgrading skills to facilitate the maintenance and operation of new assets being delivered into service to ensure that they are maintained in a manner which keeps them performing at an appropriate level.
- Participating in task risk assessments and utilise them and method statements in the completion of all maintenance tasks ensuring that the work is undertaken safely and meets the required specification.
Qualifications and experience
Experience in the following is essential:
- Completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship in either Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic or Building Services discipline.
Experience in the following is desirable:
- Previous experience in a similar maintenance, building services or engineering environment.
- Knowledge and experience as a Service Engineer.
- Knowledge and experience of in control systems
Framework and boundaries
- Close working relationship with Engineering Supervisor.
- Close working relationship with Duty Manager.
- Good working relationship with Engineering Manager.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team