Engineering Shift Team Leader - VR/22338
Our client is looking for an Engineering Shift Team Leader on a permanent basis.
The Engineering Shift Team Leader is responsible for overseeing and managing all maintenance engineering activities whilst on shift. This includes supporting the Lead Engineer to ensure that maximum uptime is achieved by using exacting engineering standards in the most efficient ways possible and that best practise is used to achieve and maintain maintenance standards.
A key element of the role also requires the post holder to manage, coach and mentor their direct reports by modelling best practise and demonstrating how to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Managing, leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems. This will be with support from the Engineering Development Manager.
- Aiding the Engineering Manager in ensuring engineering solutions are put in place to permanently fix breakdowns / failures and that the root cause is identified and addressed.
- Aiding the Engineer Manager in improving and maximise uptime by ensuring that repairs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring continuous improvement with regards to planned preventative maintenance (PPM). This includes reporting on the overall effectiveness of the system, ensuring PPM targets are met and that each planned maintenance is scheduled at appropriate times, effectively completed and closed.
- Increasing efficiency by evaluating each production line on a daily basis and identifying what engineering work is required.
- Undertaking and assuming responsibility for key elements of engineering projects and ensuring all tasks are completed on time, as instructed by the Senior Engineering Management Team.
- Ensuring the engineering shift is working to its optimum by providing all Engineers with clear instructions and guidelines required to perform their roles, this includes sound engineering systems.
- Managing and developing staff on a day-to-day basis ensuring tasks are delegated equally and to engineers with the appropriate skill set. This will be with support from the Engineering Development Manager.
- Providing feedback to the Senior Engineering Management Team regarding what is required in order to carry out their duties effectively.
- Communicating clearly with other Engineering Shift Team Leaders and the Senior Engineering Management Team to guarantee cross shift communication is effective.
- Ensuring that all procedures relating to health and safety are employed by all engineering personnel and contractors, and confirming this is done by auditing processes and procedures.
- Providing training and ad hoc guidance and support to engineers and engineering apprentices to increase their skills and knowledge base.
- Ensuring their activities and the activities of the Engineering Department do not compromise food safety by following current practices and making improvements if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC / HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of supervising / managing a team.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team